BigFix Excel Connector
BigFix operators often find that it is useful to extract the wealth of data on the BigFix Server for analysis and reporting. They either process the data themselves, or will often send the information to other consumers in an Excel format.
The BigFix Excel Connector is created to simplify the data extraction process. It has a Wizard-like interface that makes it easier to extract data from the BigFix Server without the need to write BigFix Session Relevance language. In addition, the Connector has a built-in session relevance editor to query Web Reports. Please see a full standalone version of the session relevance editor as available via the BigFix Labs http://support.bigfix.com/labs/relevanceeditor.html.
- The Session Relevance Editor allows free form session relevance and the results returned can be automatically split into Excel columns.
- The Session Relevance Editor has syntax highlight for relevance.
- The Query Wizard supports extracting data from some common BigFix objects such as Fixlets, Actions, Computer properties, etc.
- Users can choose the available properties for the target objects. This makes extracting computer properties particularly easy.
- Filters can be created to limit and hone in on the desired data set.
- BigFix 7.2.x and above.
- It will work with Excel 2003, Excel 2007 and Excel 2010.
- We have tested this against XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 2008, on 32 and 64-bit variants.